Is there any movement on EQN??

Balandar

I have heard NOTHING since daybreak games purchased SOE. Has anyone heard if there is any movement at all on this? They are so closed lip about it compared to SoTA/Portalarium. I hate the old developer methodology of not talking about it..

@Martok@Borg@Rumblebore

Landmark - The Game is still open and being played.

There have been hotfixes over the past 6 months.

In December there were results of the Halas Competition where players built up their claims for potential use in the City Of Halas. 

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1725675584320407.1073741836.1411358569085445&type=1

I personally have not been active in the game. The firing of all the old guard killed a lot of it for me, knowin gthat the new leadership would not have the same sense of EQ (the purist in me rebelled) and things would never be the same.  Perhaps I was too soon but i needed to heal up before I went back in, which I did last month and started up a new property, but it seems that there are only 4 Islands to place property on, which is probably because of the loss of players that took place.  That is just a guess.

Comments on the Facebook page is mixed - complaints about 2 years old but no Next yet, to people who came back and are being patient, to people building again and having fun.

Looks like it will continue but going to have to wait to see what comes.

https://www.facebook.com/landmarkgame/

2 hours ago, Rumblebore said:

Comments on the Facebook page is mixed - complaints about 2 years old but no Next yet, to people who came back and are being patient, to people building again and having fun.

Sounds similar to reddit for EQN. Hopefully they are still working on EQN and haven't scratched it. :gruntbored: It held a lot of promise. 

I follow it on and off on occasion.  From what I have seen and heard from others it appears to still be in development however changed drastically from its initial inception. I have zero hope for the game currently with Daybreak.  I do not log into landmark and have not in some time.  I'm simply too jaded against this title being successful now.

5 hours ago, Rumblebore said:

Landmark - The Game is still open and being played.

There have been hotfixes over the past 6 months.

In December there were results of the Halas Competition where players built up their claims for potential use in the City Of Halas. 

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1725675584320407.1073741836.1411358569085445&type=1

I personally have not been active in the game. The firing of all the old guard killed a lot of it for me, knowin gthat the new leadership would not have the same sense of EQ (the purist in me rebelled) and things would never be the same.  Perhaps I was too soon but i needed to heal up before I went back in, which I did last month and started up a new property, but it seems that there are only 4 Islands to place property on, which is probably because of the loss of players that took place.  That is just a guess.

Looks like it will continue but going to have to wait to see what comes.

https://www.facebook.com/landmarkgame/

That facebook page is full of some major bitterness!

Domino & Fairan are still there, providing leadership on the boards. But yes, lots of bitterness.

In the business world, taking over a company where most of the employees jobs are being duplicated by the existing staff makes everyone uncomfortable becuase you know the axe will eventually fall on someone, usually the acquired staff.  That is exactly what happened when DBG took over EQ. 

The problem is that when the leadership at EQ were dumped we lost the core of those who had the most investment in keeping EQ as it has been alive and well in the new game being produced.  It doesn't mean DBG cannot learn and become familiar, but everyone pretty much knows we lost the true-blue flavor and have moved towards the machine of putting out some game with the EQ name on it.  That is where the bitterness started.

We also lost the one game that was relying a lot on the gamers/players contributions to make up the game.  That was the huge draw on Landmark/Next where what we were going to be playing is made literally by the players. 

It will not be the same but it may still be good.

Bittersweet may be what we call NEXT when and if it comes out.

• Like 1