Account Hacked

Visskar

Woke up this morning to find two emails from Blizzard. The first that my password had been changed, the second that my account was banned for economy exploitation. Started the process to get things recovered, we'll see how that goes. Judging by Armory, looks like Visskar as well as a couple low level alts have had gear removed and sold or whatever it is they do with it.

Hopefully nothing got taken out of the guild vault, but if it did my apologies.

Not a fun day, but hopefully I'll see everybody again soon.

Just saw your messsage. I logged on, demoted you to peon to make sure your account couldn't be used to do anything it hadn't already, and checked the guild bank. I'm afraid items were taken, though it doesn't look too bad, the withdrawal restrictions limit damage. I'll start a petition and hope the GMs will agree to retrieve the items. Fast action on Blizzard's part already, I must say. I can only assume your account was used with some active cheating, probably the currently popular underground mining hacks.

Sonsof######es! Visskar if you need any stuff to get ya through just let Zurg or Mali know. I remember how pissed I was when this happened to me, but Blizzard was awesome in helping. Like everyone suggested to us, get that authenticator if you haven't already. Sadly it seems to be a necessity these days.

Edited by Zurg

I'm sorry to hear that, Visskar.

Please don't hesitate to ask if there is anything I can do to help you. We have a long history of helping those who lose everything to hacks. I know I'm usually raiding or PvPing when I log on and therefore am not around as much as before, but I'm here to help if needed.

The one thing that scares me most of all is being Hacked!! Anything that I can help with I will. We have seen alot of this go on and that's the reasons for the restrictions to the guild bank. Hope that all works out, it's a real pain to wait for it to happen but it will. See you when you get stuff going again.

Like everyone suggested to us, get that authenticator if you haven't already. Sadly it seems to be a necessity these days.

http://www.blizzard.com/store/search.xml?q=authenticator

^ The best $6.50 (not counting S&H lol) you'll ever spend. As tedious as having a 3rd login prompt can be, it'll provide an extra sense of security. Blizzard should just buck up & toss one in every Battle Chest/Cataclysm/etc box.

There's also the Mobile authenticators for iPhone/iPod Touch, but I cannot vouch for them since I own neither.

Recieved an email from Blizzard this morning, and have gotten all my stuff recovered. ... As well as about 1000 Saronite and Titanium Ore (alas, mostly saronite) and accompanying gems that I didn't have before.

Recieved an email from Blizzard this morning, and have gotten all my stuff recovered. ... As well as about 1000 Saronite and Titanium Ore (alas, mostly saronite) and accompanying gems that I didn't have before.

Does that include the items that were taken from the guild bank? The GM rejected the petition I made, apparently it has to come from you.

Does that include the items that were taken from the guild bank? The GM rejected the petition I made, apparently it has to come from you.

It should. This is the guild portion of the email I received from Blizzard listing all the things that were being restored:

Following items restored to the Guild Master of <Clan Skullcrusher>

Item(s) Restored:

[1] Putrescent Bands

[1] Chaos Deck

[10] Souldarite

[20] Soul Essence

[20] Soul Essence

[20] Wind Scales

[20] Nether Dragonscales

[20] Jormungar Scale

It should. This is the guild portion of the email I received from Blizzard listing all the things that were being restored:

Following items restored to the Guild Master of <Clan Skullcrusher>

Item(s) Restored:

[1] Putrescent Bands

[1] Chaos Deck

[10] Souldarite

[20] Soul Essence

[20] Soul Essence

[20] Wind Scales

[20] Nether Dragonscales

[20] Jormungar Scale

Yep, that's the complete list. Unfortunate for us that such things automatically get routed to our absent GM. That's what I'd hoped to avert in my petition.

Poor Visskar - my guess is that whomever hacked your account was using the mining exploit.. since you had a bunch of ore you didnt already have. The authenticator is very smart investment. Best of luck tho! Glad you had everything returned promptly